ERTF was launched in April 2008 at The Anglia Ruskin University in Chelmsford by a steering group of five members, Christine Spencer, Miriam Weaver, Marie Payne, Lorraine Traer-Clark and Jenny Leslie. Arising from the launch meeting a committee was formed to take forward the aims of ERTF. The ethos of ERTF is that it is a proactive group run by members with events and exhibitions organised and run by the members in the area covered by ERTF.
Eastern Region Textile Forum is run by volunteers and is a non-profiting making organisation. Our aim is:
- To act as a central co-ordinating body for textile artists, craftspeople and designers.
- To create networking opportunities.
- To encourage and arrange debate, research and events that will benefit the promotion of textile arts and crafts.
ERTF proposes to achieve its aims by:
- Organising regular conferences.
- Organising exhibitions.
- Disseminating a regular newsletter.
- Liaising with museums, galleries and art organisations.
- Organising events that members deem appropriate to the aims of ERTF.
Please read our constitution for more information.
ERTF is open for membership to anyone over the age of 18 in the Eastern Region which has been defined as London (East, North and Central), Essex, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Suffolk, Norfolk and Hertfordshire.