3rd September 2022 - The Granary Studio, Tiptofts, Cole End Lane, Sewards End, Nr Saffron Walden, CB10 2LH 10am - 4pm
A day of creative mixed media to inspire work for our 2023 Parndon Mill exhibition BOOKING IS NOW CLOSED
This members-only event will be an opportunity to network, socialise and enjoy themselves. The focus will be a full-day practical workshop in Vanda’s studio focussing on the 1960s core themes, artists such as Mary Quant and Andy Warhol, motifs and design ideas. Vanda will show us how to work in a variety of media to include collage, pen, thread and paint. The end result will be a mini resource book packed full of ideas, each as personal as the creator.
VANDA’S WORKSHOP REQUIREMENTS LIST
- Inspiration in the form of photos, magazine pics, print out of images from google (Vanda will also have a selection)
- Hand sewing needle, a small selection of sewing threads (machine weight, or fine hand sewing thread)
- Small envelope with scraps of papers for collage (eg wrapping paper, printed paper bags, stamps, magazine/newspaper pages)
- Watercolour paints (or Koh-I-Noor dyes) and brushes
- Wax crayons, Neocolour II, or oil pastels (only if available)
- Watersoluble pencils and 2” square sandpaper (if available)
- Pencil, scissors, Pritt stick, kitchen roll, jam jar for water
- Felt tip pens (permanent or water soluble)
- Water spritzer bottle (if available)
- any other colouring media you like working with.
Please don’t buy anything you don’t have as Vanda will have plenty of spare media for you to use if needed.
10am to 4pm
Costs: £15.00 for the day to be paid when booking plus £4 for additional materials to be paid directly to Vanda at the workshop
The LATEST date for receipt of booking forms is Friday 22 July 2022. BOOKING IS NOW CLOSED
More details about Vanda’s work can be found here
Tea/coffee will be provided but please bring your own packed lunch
Any queries, contact Carole Nicholls
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS EVENT IS ONLY OPEN TO ERTF MEMBERS AS IT IS ORGANISED AS SUPPORT FOR OUR PARNDON MILL EXHIBITION