3rd September 2022 - Anstey Village Hall, Buntingford, SG9 0BY 10am - 4pm
A day of creative mixed media to inspire work for our 2023 Parndon Mill exhibition
This will be an opportunity for members to network, socialise and enjoy themselves. The focus will be a full-day practical workshop focussing on the 1960s core themes, artists such as Mary Quant and Andy Warhol, motifs and design ideas. Vanda will show us how to work in a variety of media to include collage, pen, thread and paint. The end result will be a mini resource book packed full of ideas, each as personal as the creator.
VANDA’S WORKSHOP REQUIREMENTS LIST
- Inspiration in the form of photos, magazine pics, print out of images from google (I will also bring a selection)
- Hand sewing needle, a small selection of sewing threads (machine weight, or fine hand sewing thread)
- Small envelope with scraps of papers for collage (eg wrapping paper, printed paper bags, stamps, magazine/newspaper pages)
- Watercolour paints (or Koh-I-Noor dyes) and brushes
- Wax crayons, Neocolour II, or oil pastels (only if available)
- Watersoluble pencils and 2” square sandpaper (if available)
- Pencil, scissors, Pritt stick, kitchen roll, jam jar for water
- Felt tip pens (permanent or water soluble)
- Water spritzer bottle (if available)
- any other colouring media you like working with.
Please don’t buy anything you don’t have as Vanda will bring plenty of spare media for you to use if needed.
10am to 4pm
Costs: £15.00 for the day to be paid when booking plus £4 for additional materials to be paid directly to Vanda at the workshop
Please download, complete and return the booking form below to register (click on the ‘booking form’ button and the form will download automatically).
The LATEST date for receipt of booking forms is Friday 19th August 2022
More details about Vanda’s work can be found here
Tea/coffee will be provided but please bring your own packed lunch
Any queries, please contact Carole Nicholls.